Concussion & Long COVID Treatment
Concussion is commonly described as a blow or jolt to the head that disrupts the function of the brain and can result from a car crash, a sports injury, or from a seemingly innocuous fall.
There are many symptoms associated with concussion and you may experience one or many of them, however, the main symptoms to look out for include;
- Light/Sound Sensitivity
- Problems with balance
- Concentration difficulties
- Memory problems
- Emotional/Anxious/Depressed tendencies
You should see a doctor or go to hospital immediately if you have a reduced level of consciousness, difficulty speaking, seeing or moving, experiencing seizures or severe headaches.
With over a decade of experience working & traveling with elite athletes and teams across the globe, we were able to develop the most comprehensive scientifically-based concussion rehabilitation program in Australia, which incorporates the latest technology for diagnosis and treatment.
Long COVID & the similarities to Concussion
Long COVID has many similarities to concussion and post-concussion symptoms (PPSC), with both conditions sharing similar symptoms which result in inflammatory processes that may cause harm beyond the time frame of the initial illness or brain injury.
Long COVID and concussion symptoms can share some similarities, such as:
- Fatigue: Both Long COVID and concussion can cause significant fatigue, often described as an overwhelming sense of tiredness that does not improve with rest.
- Headaches: Headaches are a common symptom of both Long COVID and concussion.
- Brain fog: Both conditions can cause a feeling of cognitive impairment, sometimes described as “brain fog.”
- Sleep disturbances: People with Long COVID and concussion may experience disrupted sleep patterns, including difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep.
- Mood changes: Both conditions can cause changes in mood, such as depression, anxiety, or irritability.
BODYWORKS PHYSIO HELPING YOU UNDERSTAND CONCUSSION
Not sure how to treat your invisible injury? We have a three step program to help you.
Our consultation starts with you! We discuss all of the symptoms that are causing pain or limiting your lifestyle and document the baseline results from the scientifically-based assessments.
Based on the assessment, we will formulate a treatment program which will include hands-on treatment, information & exercises for home. If necessary we will incorporate MCU treatment to expediate recovery.
TESTING & RECOVERY
Based on your symptoms, we will measure progress against our initial assessments so you can feel confident to return to doing what you love.